I watched PDP Gubernatorial candidate for Rivers State, Nyesom Wike, take Governor Rotimi Amaechi to the cleaners on Tuesday live on television at the Obio/Apkor campaign grounds. It was a a mind-blowing expose which got the crowd hooting in shock at Governor Amaechi and his underhand corrupt practices as alleged by Wike.
Reading shocking statistics from a piece of paper, Wike fired from both hips and his allegations were mind blowing. I took notes of a couple of points he made and Wike promised that the full expose will be out in major national dailies later today, which I am looking forward to reading for scrutiny. In each point he made, Wike gave exact dates of transactions and the sums of money involved, which made it obvious that he got his facts from verifiable sources or perhaps he is much in the know about Amaechi’s government.
Here are some allegations I jotted down:
1. Wike alleged that Governor Amaechi withdrew the sum of 82 million naia from the state treasury sometime in 2014 to, in his words, ‘host Wole Soyinka’. Hosting alone o, he said and added something like ‘no wonder Wole soyinka keeps coming to Rivers State’ or so I heard. The crowd went ‘Chai!’ in loud tones. But Wike was only giving an appetizer.
2. Wike revealed that the Independent Power Project (IPP) built by Peter Odili, was sold off in 2014 by Governor Amaechi to Sahara Energy owned by Tonye Cole for the sum of $144 million. He said Governor Amaechi single handedly GAVE/DASHED/DONATED $30 million of that money to APC/Buhari Campaign which is part of what they are spending on Buhari’s campaign. The crowd went ‘Choi! Chineke!’, with a few shrugging rigid shoulders in shock.
No comments:
Post a Comment